Rough cost of roof - replacing flat with pitched

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking to purchase a property which has had a 2-storey side extension with a flat roof. If I get the house, I would like to replace this with a pitched roof which is tied into the original roof. Would consider putting steels in for a room in the loft at the same time, which would make a loft conversion at a later point easier.

There's no leaks, but it doesn't look the best, plus option for a proper attic room.

Any ideas of rough costs?

Extension is approx 35ft long by 9ft wide.

Thanks in advacne

Picture for reference. The same has been done a few doors down on the left

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
22k, and your roof oversails unlike next door.

Alot more then what I had in mind

Do you mean the garage sticks out?

The adjacent property has a continuous eave, your extension juts out so would need a more complex frame.

Guess it would need some sort of hipped end on the front, and something similar on the back

If it had a continuous eave all the way around, what would you estimate cost then as?

Thanks

Offer on house accepted, so this is a job on the to-do list at some point

Had an estimate of 10-12k which included adding steels for the loft floor

Hoping this can be reduced some as well with some planning & homework.

Could anyone estimate roughly how many man days it would take to make & fit the cut roof. Was thinking if getting a carpenter in to do that

Thanks

I had something similar done but thinking of what mine cost I think 10k is about right. Labour for the roof timbers was 4 days so probably 7 days maximum for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back