Rough idea on price for mounting TV to pasterboard?

as you are just "shaving" the sides of the existing hole, if you have a hacksaw blade handy use that instead of buying a drywall saw. wrap masking tape or similiar round part of the blade to protect your hands

Sponsored Links
An update for you all. I got a company in who charged less. Still a lot but less money.

They managed to do everything but could not run a brush panel at plug socket level and one behind tv. The reason for this was because there is a horizontal length of timber behind the plaster running about 80cms up from the floor. Really annoying as the guy had already cut out the holes for the brush panel. He said the only way around it was to cut a hole where the timber runs, make a hole in the timber for the cables and then put the plaster back that was cut, plaster the gaps up and re-paint. I would be looking at a cost of £70-80 for that. Don't particularly want my walls hacked apart, so for now have run power down from loft, so the tv still looks like it floats.

He has put both brush panels in, even the one which does not have anything going to it, but he seems to have just screwed them straight into the plaster rather than put a backbox in. One has already come loose, which is not ideal. I am sure I have some self-tightening single backboxes in one of my storage boxes. If I get a knife or similar and make the square holes slightly bigger, could I push these in? It looks deep enough from what I can see to accommodate for a back box.

Overall, I am glad I got someone in as I would not have been able to do this myself. Particularly drilling down from the loft and fishing the cables in.

TV.png

I'm gonna sound rude here and apologies in advance. That's hardly a floating look is it?

as you are just "shaving" the sides of the existing hole, if you have a hacksaw blade handy use that instead of buying a drywall saw. wrap masking tape or similiar round part of the blade to protect your hands
Thank you, had not thought of that. I have the backboxes, so will give it a go when I have a chance.

I'm gonna sound rude here and apologies in advance. That's hardly a floating look is it?

It looks fine, I have bought one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PLVM2R2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This will mean no more wire dangling down the wall. Just means if ever I add a games console or something, I am going to have to cut a hole in the plaster and sort out the brush plates properly.

Also, I noticed that the chap who had installed it had not tightened the bracket which is why the tv was facing down at such an angle. I have put it level with the wall now, so looks perfect. Just very frustrating about the horizontal studs in the wall.

Sponsored Links
Spice girls, 2 become 1.

Andy
Did they never release one become two - maybe the Chinese equivalent song?! Either way, that is what I have gone for....one become twoooyoohoooo. I need some love like......

get it now, thanks, good idea
I didn't know they existed, but I put my thinking cap on and thought, Amazon is bound to have something.

If you get them from Ebay or other chinese websites, they are about £2-3 each, but the shipping times are almost a month. I paid more and got it next day with Amazon. Job is done and dusted now. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back