Routers - Which one for a keen DIYer?

i use a hell off a lot off clamps i have something like 35- 40 6and 4" solo /single handle style clamps and around 30 sash clamps off varying sizes and quality
i also have about 6 traditional "G" clamps i seldom use

the other week i had used all the solo clamps and around 9 sash clamps and was a bit short on solo clamps :LOL:

ok i got it wrong,your really,

'NORMS ENGLISH COUSIN' :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Having 7 routers at least you should hardly ever have to change bits.

i use a hell off a lot off clamps i have something like 35- 40 6and 4" solo /single handle style clamps and around 30 sash clamps off varying sizes and quality
i also have about 6 traditional "G" clamps i seldom use

the other week i had used all the solo clamps and around 9 sash clamps and was a bit short on solo clamps :LOL:

ok i got it wrong,your really,

'NORMS ENGLISH COUSIN' :LOL:

i know it sound mad using that many clamps but half off the stuff i make involves frames and rebates with 9mm txg as a flush infill for both cabinet sides and doors to with 2 panels back to back and batons on the front till the glue sets i put a clamp every few inches around the edge so a 16x 30" frame will have say 3 each end and 5 or 6 along the edges so 16 for 2 panels i was gluing txg into 2 panel and 2 doors so around 30 clamps for both
i was also gluing several pairs off 6x1" planks to give me the large book shelve 11" deep [to deep i know]
so with 4battons across requiring 2 clamps at each point and 5 sash clamps per 50" length giving a baton and a sash clamp every foot or so

Having 7 routers at least you should hardly ever have to change bits.

2 ryobi 18v routers one with rounover with a quirk and one with a champer bit
old black and decker 1984 vintage perminantley set for following cutout shapes
homebase router set up for signs [rose cottage alls pad willies castle or whatever]
hitachi 12v[half inch router ] lives under the router table unless i need heavy routing like worktops

ryobi 1150 a 1/4" router that accepts 1/2" cutters so as and when light 1/2" use
a 1/4" power devil from the mid 90s in a home made router table
dewalt duel based router mainly rebating
and finally a dewalt spiral trimmer adapted to a light router

god i cant count :eek:

Sponsored Links
my main 1 is a 1/4 " festo,
but also have a hitachi 1/2 " big ole green thing,takes off when started :)
a b&q special power wotsit in a case with about 40 bits that came with it,surprisingly isnt a bad machine done what i needed it to do.
think ive also got some kind of a trimmer kit buried somewhere?? cheap piece of crud.

but ive also got a freud hinge router,but its got a weird size collect and cannot find any bits for it?
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...VCMVbzRgeSRMM:;V3l6AlG92venMM;IVCMVbzRgeSRMM:

yep the hitachi the same as i have
if you have a festo you have more value than all mines put together :D

the festo has had a lot thrown at it,it must be about 20 years old now?
and in all that time the only thing thats gone wrong with it was the variable switch,speeds 1 - 6.it only worked on 6 lol.not much of a real problem but got work to pay for the repair,i havnt even checked the brushes as its still going strong.
mind you i did pay £450 cash for it all that time ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FESTOOL-5...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item2a210fb154

cheaper now :rolleyes:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back