using the Erbauer ERB380ROU 2100W Router 230-240V

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, I am just wondering if anyone has ever used the Erbauer ERB380ROU 2100W Router 230-240V, as I have just purchased it, as I needed a router to cut kitchen worktops and the reviews looked good.
Just a few questions as I cant understand the manual that came with it.

1) Where does the dust extraction go? I have only found one place, next to the collet, but it doesn't look right.

2) Which direction do I go when routing, is it still from left to right like with other routers?

3) When changing the depth, Is it right to use the spindle lock and not the thing on the top left? what does the thing do on the top left?

Sponsored Links
its the cutter that governs the direction not the router
you will need a worktop cutter for every 1,5-2 joins
you do your passes in 6,5mm deep cuts[half the shank size]

most extraction will only fit in the correct way

Hello guys, I am just wondering if anyone has ever used the Erbauer ERB380ROU 2100W Router 230-240V, as I have just purchased it, as I needed a router to cut kitchen worktops and the reviews looked good.
Just a few questions as I cant understand the manual that came with it.

1) Where does the dust extraction go? I have only found one place, next to the collet, but it doesn't look right.

2) Which direction do I go when routing, is it still from left to right like with other routers?

3) When changing the depth, Is it right to use the spindle lock and not the thing on the top left? what does the thing do on the top left?

The spindle lock is only used for tightening and slackening the collet nut when changing the cutter As big all say's the cutter will predict direction of
router which will be left to right

hello guys,
thanks for your help so far.
sorry i didn't mean the spindle lock, i meant the plunge depth stop.
I am using the trend straight kitchen fitters router bits, do you know the way they spin around?

Sponsored Links
dependant on the setup
some bits you turn will move the base
others will move a rod or other mechanism to increase /decrease the plunge when unlocked and depressed against the spring pressure

the cutter will always rotate the same way as routers do not have reverse
from the top looking down clockwise
with the router under a table looking at the cutter anti clockwise

there smaller router but does this help ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2jKWX2F2_M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back