Which Router to choose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to choose a router and could do with some advice on which one to buy.

This will be my first router and used for general DIY/hobby woodworking including a kitchen refurbishment later on, I've so far narrowed it down to three routers, your opinions on these would be appreciated.

Alternatively could anyone recommend any other routers approximately in this price range.

The three I'm currently looking at are:

Clarke CR2 - 2100W Router & Kit (230V)

Erbauer ERB380ROU 2100W Router 230-240V

JCB 1500W Router

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome Ken2k12 :D :D :D

you will need 2 routers ideally
you need a 1/2" for heavy and table work
you do not want to learn with a big router it will frighten you to death
please do a search as its a well covered subject

I have the Erbauer.

I am not a pro, just a keen DIYer who likes a challenge.

Very happy with the Erbauer, does all I need it to at a good price. I now wonder what I ever did before I owned a router!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies ;)

I should have said in my previous post that I had searched the forums and found the information very helpful, sorry I failed to mention it :oops:

I've seen some pretty bad reviews of the JCB router and there doesn't seem to be much said about the Clarke C2 anywhere on the net (I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing really), so I'm probably going for the Erbauer.

have a look at ryobi they have spares and repairs where as i dont think erbaur have any backup

I would generally steer clear of Clarke stuff - as far as I can make out it is all made down to a price in China (?)

The stuff I have looked at in MachineMart is all very red and shiny, but never seems very well put together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back