Routes to self qualification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently considering whether or not to quit my current job and train as an electrician. Has anyone got any advice on how best to do this? Can i train part time and also keep my current job so i can pay my way :?:

Sponsored Links
roshboy said:
Can i train part time and also keep my current job so i can pay my way :?:

Yes, but it will take a lot longer.It takes years of experience to be deemed competant.

roshboy said:
I am currently considering whether or not to quit my current job and train as an electrician. Has anyone got any advice on how best to do this?

Write your boss a letter informing him that you no longer want to work for him and will stop doing so in a month's time!!!!! ARFFFFFFFF :LOL:

roshboy said:
I am currently considering whether or not to quit my current job and train as an electrician. Has anyone got any advice on how best to do this? Can i train part time and also keep my current job so i can pay my way :?:
Nothing wrong with a guy changing profession, but it takes a lot of time and money to even get to the starting blocks. Be prepared to earn c**p money for ages, so have lots of savings for your house bills! :confused:

Sponsored Links
try here http://www.electrical-skills.com/

Ive signed up with them, not a fly by night lot, and they seem to do it properly, although you do have to interview for it.
they have a 95% pass rate, you do modules in your own time, then a week at the practical training unit, then the next module etc.
All proper C&G stuff, and not a 5day jobbie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back