Royal Doulton Toilet

Are the 'bombs' for specific cisterns? I noticed some could only be used with Armitage or another one. If I get a whole syphon plus bomb would that be ok for a Royal Doulton cistern/toilet?

The replies are excellent, by the way. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
One more question please. Are the Turbo syphons and bombs universal and would they fit into a Royal Doulton cistern and pan?

Im not sure about the fit. Probably be best to take existing syphon and 'bomb' to a local plumbers merchants and see if they can match you something up. If you're anywhere near Rushden I can give you address of a guy who if he hasn't got it, will get it!

Just looked in my garage, cistern is complete with syphon, but tail seems have broken off the bomb so not a lot of use.... :(

Hugh Jaleak. Again thanks for all you help. The guy's address would be great. The tail has broken off the bomb in my cistern hence all the questions.

Sponsored Links
Ah, that may well explain why it dont work..... Its:

Waterwise Bathrooms and Plumbing Supplies,
4 Alfred Street
Rushden
NN10 9YS

Pretty helpful guys, should be able to assist you. Please note they close at noon on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Did you solve the problem of the poorly flushing toilet? We have tried a number of new cisterns including a turbo 44 from S A Lunns. But to no avail.
At present it looks as if we will have to replace our coloured Royal Doulton toilet (1974) with a modern white replacement. So we would appreciate any help you can give
Best regards
Sam Gillespie

Did you solve the problem of the poorly flushing toilet? We have tried a number of new cisterns including a turbo 44 from S A Lunns. But to no avail.
At present it looks as if we will have to replace our coloured Royal Doulton toilet (1974) with a modern white replacement. So we would appreciate any help you can give
Best regards
Sam Gillespie

has it took you from 1974 to realise you have a poor flush ?

Thanks for your reply; no we only found out it was 1974 when a plumber?? removed toilt to allow for bathroom refurbishment. He removed cistern for some unknown reason as all was working prefectly, placed it in a bin so it is now lost for ever.
We need a royal doulton cistern in working order as new siphons don't seem to work.

I have a spare Royal Doulton syphon complete with 'bomb' or 'aspirator' good condition in my garage doing nothing.

I don't have a cistern though, why did your plumber ditch the old cistern then, and what cistern have you got now?

That sounds exactly what we need, thanks for your reply. We still have the cistern its the siphon which was thrown out (my mistake). If you want to sell it, how much do you want for it.

That sounds exactly what we need, thanks for your reply. We still have the cistern its the siphon which was thrown out (my mistake). If you want to sell it, how much do you want for it.

Say £5.00 + Postage.

That price is great. But just to check; the toilet we have is sky blue and we have been told that a white royal doulton siphon wont do for it. If yours is from a coloured suite we would be delighted to try it.
How would you like payment arranged?

That price is great. But just to check; the toilet we have is sky blue and we have been told that a white royal doulton siphon wont do for it. If yours is from a coloured suite we would be delighted to try it.
How would you like payment arranged?

Hi sammy

I have actually got two Royal Doulton syphons with aspirators, one came from an old white toilet and the other from an avacardo toilet (both Royal Doulton). They are exactly the same but I will sell you the avacardo one.

Just to clarify, they are in okay condition and I will put a new diaphram in it for you and a new tail washer as I'm a nice guy. The domed aspirator washers are a bit worn but not much.

I have a paypal account and accept cheques. I will see how much it costs to post to Ireland and get back to you tomorrow.

That will be great. Thanks, we really appreciate your help.

Hi sammy

I've just written a sizeable private message to you but it wiped itself as I sent it!! :mad:

PM me your address if you want the syphon.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back