RSJ Fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to install an RSJ 13ft long wall to wall on brackets - rsj size 4" x 7"
it is to rest roof joists onto

Sponsored Links
It would depend on what your definition of "brackets" is. You would have to ask the SE who has designed the installation - as I'm assuming this has been notified to LABC and they have asked for calcs etc.

For what it's worth, RSJs are "normally" seated on padstones but other designs can be acceptable, however these usually have to be designed by a suitably qualified person.

Hi,
Yes building control are aware and due to inspect once completed
I just thought it a bit unusual to fix with brackets

Sponsored Links
I forgot to add these brackets have been fitted directly to the brickwork with bolts I would have thought it should have been either built into the wall or had metal columns

Assuming the brackets have sufficient bolts to support the weight, the wall is of decent quality and any twist in the beam is removed, cant really see any problem.. may have been done to make it easier to get into possition..

Maybe ask the SE why it was detailed like that..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back