Rsj over doorway under existing rsj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to knock 2 doorways through a load bearing wall. My engineer has advised me to use a small rsj sized 178 x 102 x 19 UB. With a 200mm bearing sitting on a padstone or engineering brick.

In the pictures you will see a padstone sitting on the top left of each doorway supporting a 6m rsj for the floor joists above.

Propping the 6m rsj above is easy as I have an identical rsj directly underneath for the floor joists below.

Is it acceptable to have rsj's for the doorway directly underneath the padstone for the 6m rsj above.

20200225_121746.jpg
20200225_121730.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is it acceptable to have rsj's for the doorway directly underneath the padstone for the 6m rsj above
Does your engineer know about the other beam that will be bearing on it? Is he a proper engineer? If so, then you can go with that.

Yes he is a Structural engineer and has calculated all the necessary to satisfy BC.

I did send him the photos but didn't mention the rsj above the doorway. I'll double check to be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back