Run out of oil on Grant Vortex Pro in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Grant Vortex Pro floor standing in kitchen. It ran oil and has been refilled but it needs firing up as it will not work by switching it on. It needs to pump up the oil so it will ignite.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks Burnaman the problem is the opposite, the oil feed is lower than the boiler. This is a common problem in Jersey as most central heating is by oil. It usually entails a £50 callout to get it going and I would like to do it myself.

Thanks

AChrisC

Sponsored Links
If your system is gravity fed by oil, i.e the tank is higher than the burner, then slacken off one end of the flexible braided pipe that allows fuel to flow into the burner.....the air will purge out.
Then reconnect up, press the red lockout button and give it a go.
John :)

Do you not have a tigerloop on your oil line? If not, get one fitted, that would normally sort this kind of problem out. In the meantime, you'll need to use a pump to suck the oil up to the boiler then turn the valve off to stop it draining back again, reconnect the hose, reset the boiler and open the valve.

Sponsored Links
Do you not have a tigerloop on your oil line? If not, get one fitted, that would normally sort this kind of problem out. In the meantime, you'll need to use a pump to suck the oil up to the boiler then turn the valve off to stop it draining back again, reconnect the hose, reset the boiler and open the valve.

Many thanks for your suggestion I will contact the boiler maintenance people to see if I can get a tiger loop fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back