Runners for Pullout Shelf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am thinking of putting a shelf (probably from an offcut of Corian/HiMac from the worktops) into a kitchen unit that I can pull out when required for an additional worktop area. I'm looking for drawer runners that would attach under the shelf or in such a way that they're not visible when the shelf is pulled out. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
19" racking sytems, as used in datacomms / IT environments often feature heavy duty pullout runners.

Just one picked at random:-
R6684815-01.jpg

To avoid seeing the supports you would need long reach brackets like those found in a plans chest etc, though there used to be purpose made units which were disguised as draw fronts but pulled out to reveal worktop.

Sponsored Links
As I said it would be used as a pullout additional worktop area - I'd use it to put washing on after it was taken out of the machine or as an additional working surface or somewhere to sit at to read a magazine - effectively a small table/worktop area that can sit inside a cupboard when not required. The whole point of it would be so that you didn't see any runners when you pulled the shelf out of the cupboard and don't want to go to the extent of a pullout table as its only for one person for occasional use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back