Running a B&B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking after a B&B for a friend after he lost his wife and he needed a break to get around to see his family. He couldn't just leave it because bills needed to be paid. I've done rooms before in my own house but this is a different ball game.
A lot of juggling in you're mind to do to sort things out and it doesn't help have a dog (Staff) the constantly follows me around. I even have to put it in the car to move it on the drive and it has to play ball twice a day or it ****es and shytes in some of the places he shouldn't.
The parking can get a bit crammed on the front drive and when a **** parks his BMW so that it takes up two car widths and when asked to adjust it cannot even get it straight to allow other users room. No offence intended to ****s by the way. Are all rusty BMW drivers like that?
The hanging baskets needed to be watered every day but because I've missed the odd day they willn't absorb water any more and it just drains off.
There are piles of laundry to sort every day and and getting up at 6am to start breakfasts.
This afternoon is the first day in a week that I haven't had to rush around to get something done. However, some of the appliances and a shower need deep cleaning so I attacked them with a wall paper stripper with a spout on it. I've never used one before and I was impressed with what it did.
So, for a tip for the DIY'ers try steam to clean your microwave or oven.
By the way it is very,very hot :oops:
By,By for now from Lee on Solent.

Sponsored Links
Your hanging baskets need a really good soaking, in a gig enough bucket/pond for a few hours, then all shall be fine with the flora :idea:

Yes, I find the shopping channels extremely compelling and often more so than normal telly however they haven't shown me how to clean ovens,floors,showers and strip wall paper with the same machine.......yet!!

Sponsored Links
bowl of water with a lemon wedge in it ( lemon is great for de-greasing for some reason ) and nuke it for 4 mins..

at least that's what I've been told..

That initial post sounds like the post of John Cleese from Faulty Towers....sounds like a mental breakdown!

That initial post sounds like the post of John Cleese from Faulty Towers....sounds like a mental breakdown!

I'd had a very trying week after the owner had left and as I explained that was the first easy day I'd had. But the guests are the answer to it all.
They've been happy with their stay considering my inexperience so all is well.
I'd stuck my neck out but it was a good job done :D

3 things I want from a B+B . 1 No bloody dog poking around 2-Real scrambled eggs @ breakfast , not powdered c-rap 3.marmalade for breakfast not bloody jam .Other than that you could get away with anything ;)

3 things I want from a B+B . 1 No bloody dog poking around 2-Real scrambled eggs @ breakfast , not powdered c-rap 3.marmalade for breakfast not bloody jam .Other than that you could get away with anything ;)

You can come and breakfast with us, no problem, and then sleep on the beach. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back