Running armoured cable around a corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How is armoured cable run around an external house corner?

It does not bend to a tight 90 degrees so it seems to bulge out off the wall corner - or is this "how it is"?

Sponsored Links
yes it is difficult, try dropping down or going up as you turn the corner.

It is difficult so don't be tempted to force it.

What are you running it for?

Unless you can introduce a change in height at the same time, i.e. a vertical 'S' as it rounds the corner, then this is how it is.

Hi Woody

I have seen instances where a 45 degree angle a little wider than the O/D of the cable has been carefully chissled across the 90 degree corner and the progressive gentle bend that you must apply to SWA has been gently teased into the created recess keeping the protrssion from the wall about equal

Sponsored Links
Thanks all

This cable is being run up the garden to an outhouse.

The plan was to run it along a gable wall at DPC level where it wont be too obvious, then near the corner it will dip down underground and run up the garden.

Then I thought about having an external socket just around the corner from the cable. So it became ... along the wall, around the corner, junction box, cable up to socket, cable down underground.

I don't want to cut the wall, and would rather not have lots of cable and stuff showing on this rear wall and corner.

I wonder if I could see about putting the junction box on the gable wall, and then drilling through the wall at 45 degrees to the back of a socket on the rear wall elevation. Then all that would be seen on the rear elevation would be the socket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back