running cable under joist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i put up drywall under ceiling joist, can i staples power cable under the joist instead of drilling holes in the joist, i cannot run along them, i need to go through. And i dont want to drill holes, i have about 15 cable to pass.

thx

Sponsored Links
dont know about the us of a but in this country, it is best practise to run cables through the middle of joists. Running close to any surface creates the issue that someone may one day try to drill a fixing hole and hit the cable.

Ive read about bored holes, it'll be alright with this technique, thanks for the help crafty... im not really in usa :)

asdf2233 said:
im not really in usa
The it was a bit &*!"^%$#~! stupid to say you were. Do you really want advice based on the regulations of a foreign country?

Sponsored Links
all the signs point to USA:

drywall (plasterboard?)
bored (mostly used in america instead of "drill" used in this country to indicate one is fed up ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back