Running Sink Waste Pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting in a new bathroom and was looking for some advice,

The Sink will not be on an outside wall and the soil stack is on the opposite wall. This is only a problem because the Joists run against it so would have to drill through the joists to put the waste in.

As I see it I have 3 choices.

1. Box the waste.... Really don't want to do this..

2. Run the pipe out the other outside wall and around the corner on the outside wall --- Is this permitted ?

3. Run the pipe down and up again under the bath and out its waste.... Would this cause problems due to pipes going up and down rather then flowing correctly ?

Any suggestions thoughts ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm putting in a new bathroom and was looking for some advice,

The Sink will not be on an outside wall and the soil stack is on the opposite wall. This is only a problem because the Joists run against it so would have to drill through the joists to put the waste in.

As I see it I have 3 choices.

1. Box the waste.... Really don't want to do this..

2. Run the pipe out the other outside wall and around the corner on the outside wall --- Is this permitted ?

3. Run the pipe down and up again under the bath and out its waste.... Would this cause problems due to pipes going up and down rather then flowing correctly ?

Any suggestions thoughts ?

Thanks

1. not the best option but sometimes the only way to go
2. depends on length of pipe to stack and route to keep constant correct fall to avoid blockages/freezing, but possible
3. no, it just wont work
4. as a last resort you can pump the waste up and down, (archimedeis spellcheck req'd, pump)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back