RWB9 Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The back light of the RWB9 timer to my Glowarm boiler does not light up. The timer shows the the correct time and responds to instructions but the boiler does not fire up. I am left with no hot water and central heating. I have replaced the backup battery but that has not corrected the problem. Do I have a problem with the boiler or timer? Can anyone help? After some fiddling around, the boiler has fired up and everything has worked normally. Right now though it is down and I am a loss as to what to do.[/i]

Sponsored Links
The obvious thing to do is to check if the wire connecting the timer output to the boiler input goes live when the timer actuates. this is normally and best checked at the boiler terminals. if there is no signal, then there could be a bad connection in the run between the two, perhaps at the wiring centre if there is one, or at a thermostat. One of those neon screwdivers would be ok for this purpose. if the timer lights aren't working, maybe it's faulty anyway, so time for a nice new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back