Ryan Giggs

Sponsored Links
I think they are stretching the meaning of the word "personality" on this one :D

Sponsored Links
Ryan Giggs is so wrong... if you're a Man U fan, or welsh, he is a star.... but put into the bigger context... he doesn't excel above many many sportsmen and women.....
Lifetime achievement maybe, but i reckon all of the the country's (bandwagon) ManU fans have got their mobis out tonight !

Well I'm not a United fan but well done Giggsy. He was the best of a pretty mediocre bunch this year to be honest.

The eulogies always bring a tear to my eye. Especially Sir Bobbie, he was one special guy RIP.

Ryan Giggs is so wrong... if you're a Man U fan, or welsh, he is a star.... but put into the bigger context... he doesn't excel above many many sportsmen and women.....
Lifetime achievement maybe, but i reckon all of the the country's (bandwagon) ManU fans have got their mobis out tonight !

i dont think it has anything to do with the team he plays for. he has been a long standing and very creditable servant to his club, country and sport. He has done so for a long time, and proved himself to be a dedicated sportsman who is only improving with age. Makes some other supposed top class sports personalities look a bit lame.

he has been a long standing and very creditable servant to his club, country and sport. He has done so for a long time, and proved himself to be a dedicated sportsman who is only improving with age.

Thermo this is not relevant though.... the award is for the personality of the last year.... how has Giggs been outstanding through 2009?

And i do think it is about him playing for a club with a huge following - i mean, how's a young Sheffield lass gonna get a look in in a telephone poll? And she trains to perform 7 disciplines, and has this year become the best in the world.

I'd have no problems with Giggsy getting a lifetime achievement award when he retires, but he should give this one back !

That Jessica will not go far in athletics ! Probably be a movie star sooner rather than later... poetry in motion !
;)

hes been outstanding in his form and the way he has lead his club. hes also been an inspiration to many at the club and beyond. That has only come through his quiet dedication, in a sport which at that age few are playing at that level.

Yes a certain amount of it comes down to the voting public, nothing you can do about that. But then again should nigel mansell have handed it back, along with so many others who were in a rich sport and didnt have much personality.

personality of the YEAR,whats he done in the last year exactly????

tom daley should have won it,what about being world champion at 12????

Sponsored Links
Back