Ryobi Pillar drill RDP5016s

Cheers for the diagram SFK (y)
I see now how the drill gets its twelve speeds, curious that the part numbers are the same, apart from the letter :eek:
Stick with it Tigger, you’ll get there although you may not get the right belt first time (speaking from experience more than once!). Expect to pay more than the Ryobi price of .74p.....no idea where they got that from!
At a stretch I guess you could use one longer belt, missing out the idler.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the diagram SFK (y)
I see now how the drill gets its twelve speeds, curious that the part numbers are the same, apart from the letter :eek:
Stick with it Tigger, you’ll get there although you may not get the right belt first time (speaking from experience more than once!). Expect to pay more than the Ryobi price of .74p.....no idea where they got that from!
At a stretch I guess you could use one longer belt, missing out the idler.
A quick google has come up with some the right sizes

https://www.bearingstation.co.uk/products/Belts/V_Belts/Z_Section

I will try my local place but at least I know there are some online

Burnerman, My pleasure.

Tigger
curious that the part numbers are the same, apart from the letter

to which I bet/guess/believe that the two belts are the same length, ie you need to buy a pair of identical length belts.

My presumption is based on the belt diagram having near symetrical order to keep the front and rear pully the same distance appart and the exploded diagram showing, PART 91, to independently move the middle pully forward and backwards to balance the diffrent sperations are you move the belts up and down the pullys.

Also, to tension the two belts, the motor is moved backwards and forwards on a mounting plate, and (from the exploded diagram) this is done with Knob 60.

When you know the belt lengths, please opost it on this and the other post so other will know for the future - and you should write it on the plate as you suggested :)

SFK

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Doooooooooh........

did anyone try a search just for "13205007".
I only tried it now, and came up with loads of hits.....in USA for the same company.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&channel=crow&q=13205007

It answers one question>>>> You need a "V Belt".

You could ask them for length details telling them you are English?
But I think it is 31"
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/belt-k31-p-151381.html?osCsid=h86tc57s1ugfmqm26cor2f22n6
>>>Ryobi Belt (K31) 13205007
I bet K31 is code for 31inches

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RIGID-V-BELT-13205007-FOR-RIGID-DRILL-PRESS-/352316315209
>>>Brand new replacement belt for Rigid 13205007 Belt 31" length.
I know this is for Rigid, but other site says Rigid is same as Roybi.

SFK

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
That would make sense, the position of part 91 would give Tigger two different belt lengths.
I dont recollect experiencing this method before.

Burnerman,
No it is a new one to me too. Only found it by looking for the word 'Adjust' on the diagram.
SFK

So if Tigger converts 31” to millimetres, she has the correct length, theoretically!
Nice one SFK (y)

Burnerman,
No need for the conversion as the website she showed has 31inch, V shaped, Z section, belts.
And the name of the belt is.... drum roll..... "Z31"

What does Z section mean??
SFK

That would make sense, the position of part 91 would give Tigger two different belt lengths.
I dont recollect experiencing this method before.
So it would confirm the right size if op moves 91 to a position that when measured gives 31” distance between the two sets pulleys?

Burnerman,
No need for the conversion as the website she showed has 31inch, V shaped, Z section, belts.

What does "Z section" mean??

SFK
I looked at the model number for the belt part number and that drill dp103 only has 2 pulley things? It it normal to have 2 pulleys or 3?

Burnerman,

What does "Z section" mean??

SFK
The Z section refers historically to 10mm across its widest point - the next size up is an A section of 13mm.

• Thanks
Reactions: SFK
Tigger,
My drill (and I feel many others) have 2 pulleys rather than the 3 that yours has.
I feel that yours has three to enable it to select many more drill speeds than mine can with its 2 pulleys, and to also reduce the amount of motor movement needed to make up the tension on the belts.

Yes you are correct that I might have got carried away in that the codes for
3205007C and 3205007D used in your drill
are not the same as 3205007 used in the DP103L that I found.

It is a 100% assumption by me. But the codes within a compnay are normally different for different items, and noirmally the same or similar for the same item. So I 'feel' that I might be right with 31". But it is strange that no one is selling 31" belts for your drill.

So the best way forward might be for you to make two circles/diarmeters of 31" string and see if it is miles out uin which case I am wrong and applogise advance.

SFK

Last edited:
Tigger,
Yes you are correct that I might have got carried away in that their codes for
3205007C and 3205007D used in your drill
are not the same as 3205007 used in the DP103L that I found.
It is a 100% assumption by me, and best way might be for you to make two circles/diarmeters of 31" string and see if it is miles out.
Will do, you guys will have to bear with me as I am a female and mechanical things is not my forte!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back