Ryobi manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get a user manual for a Ryobi pillar drill model RDP 5016s.I can't find anything on the internet.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know about a user manual, but is there anything we can help you with?
Fairly basic machines, pillar drills.
John :)

Thanks big-all but i had already been to that site and my drill isn't listed there don't think it's in production anymore.

Burnerman well Iknow the drive belts need changing soon and was wondering how to release the tension off them.There's a small wheel at the side of the drill which seems to be spring loaded and has two nuts locking it ,is this where i release the tension? Other than that having a copy of the manual would mean i wouldn't have to keep pestering people on here...lol.
Thanks for your replies.

Sponsored Links
In all the pillar drills I've come across, the belt tension is set by either moving the motor back on steel runners, or by hinging it to one side.
On the smaller machines the belts can often be squeezed over the pulleys by hand anyway.
Post a few pics if you can!

Nice one Mr. M :p
It seems like this one has an intermediate pulley to get the multitude of (largely unnecessary) drill speeds......this one has an eccentric adjustment, and the first drive belt is tensioned by moving the motor back.

Yes Mursal got the schematics for it but thanks.Even part numbers but nowhere to order them from at the moment.Just trying a dealer in wrexham,so all is not lost yet.Even traced a sold one on ebay and asked if he had the manual for it when he sold it and the answer was no and he couldnt find one either.

Your right Mr Burnerman motor slides backwards and forwards on mounting plate (should have spotted that what a di**head) anyway getting back to the schematics anyone know what part #45 (slotted bolt) with locking nut is for?
A bit like when you adjusted tappets on a car.

Thanks.

I think that device is called a gib indent, and it bears into the slot (key way, if you like) on the chuck arbor.....tightening it up prevents any slop in the shaft, over tightening causes a jam!
The chuck shaft itself revolves in the centre of this assembly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back