S Electric, EDF...what are their policies??

dynomo said:
Dammm, its like calling one of those BT call centres in Delhi sometimes!!!

uhhhh :mad: Those places are so frustrating.

Sponsored Links
Spoke to Southern Electric yesterday about the same subject. An engineer asked why I wanted it, told him I was going to have my CUs replaced. His reply was to have my electrician pull the fuse himself. Then, when the work was completed I should notify SE and the next time an engineer was in the area he would fit a new seal.

I find it hard to believe that they say pull the fuse yourself. I work in the streetlighting industry and you need to be suitably authorised (similar to G39) to pull fuses (even 25amp s/l cutouts). The use of rubber gloves, covered limbs and visors are a must.

Why would it be different for domestic cutouts?!

Sponsored Links
it's a classic case of what the beurocracts would like to belive happens and what is tolerated and even encouraged by people on the ground being totally different.

Though I did hear from an electrician on another forum that the local DNO got rather upset when someone removed the service cable from the bottom of the cutout rather than the tails from the top causing rather a bang.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back