S/S surface mounting box >35mm for shaver socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a stainless steel, or possibly chrome, 2g surface box to house a shaver socket. Yes, I'd rather embed it in the wall too but it's not possible. Since its a shaver socket it needs to be deeper than 35mm I think. I've seen a couple of those.

Checked all of the obvious places and Google can't find me one

Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
thanks both

seems that there are several 35mm, but no 47 or >47 ones I can find so far

Sponsored Links
I am so sorry for trying to help somebody.

The description on the link clearly states

2 Gang 32mm Surface Wall Box - Chrome

If you think that is an incorrect description, then perhaps you might like to direct your pedantry at the supplier, or TLC, and not at me.

The description on the link clearly states 2 Gang 32mm Surface Wall Box - Chrome If you think that is an incorrect description, then perhaps you might like to direct your pedantry at the supplier, or TLC, and not at me.
As I've just posted, if you click on that link, the description you get is "32mm Deep White Surface Accessory Box with Chrome Surround" (in a slightly smaller font, just below the 'title' you correctly quote).

Kind Regards, John

The description on the link clearly states

2 Gang 32mm Surface Wall Box - Chrome

If you think that is an incorrect description, then perhaps you might like to direct your pedantry at the supplier, or TLC, and not at me.
I know what it states, and as I said, I don't believe that is actually chrome, as in something proper made of metal.

Personally, I cannot stand that plastic fakery, and I know that others feel the same.

Maybe the OP also feels like that.

I am so sorry for trying to help somebody.

The 'surround' may perhaps be metal - it's described as a "32mm Deep White Surface Accessory Box with Chrome Surround".
I know what it says.

I invite you to look at the thickness of the walls - you can see better how thick they really are in the photo of the single-gang one:

VLYBSC.JPG

I also invite you to look at the price, and consider how likely it is that somebody could fabricate a genuine solid metal surround in brass, or steel, chrome plate it, polish it, and fix it around the outside of a plastic pattress for that sort of money. And why they would do that rather than just make an all-metal box.

As I've just posted, if you click on that link, the description you get is "32mm Deep White Surface Accessory Box with Chrome Surround" (in a slightly smaller font, just below the 'title' you correctly quote).
I checked with TLC.

It's coated plastic.

A Bicc razor is suddenly so attractive, perhaps made of the same quality plastic :LOL:

Get the bolster out and bugger the expense !

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back