sabre he boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a sabre he boiler will come on for 2 to 3 days then go off for a few days then come back on again,it does this all the time can any one tell what may be up with it pls

Sponsored Links
Why are people avoiding the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' forum these days?

Sponsored Links
Why are people avoiding the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' forum these days?

To avoid the sarky replies.

That went well, didn't it? :LOL: Actually, his first reply was mildly amusing. But don't tell him.

OP, You don't say if it's your ch, hot water or both that's a problem. If just ch, I would look at the timer first. Is it set properly? Poss link it out to eliminate it.

i have a sabre he boiler will come on for 2 to 3 days then go off for a few days then come back on again,it does this all the time can any one tell what may be up with it pls

AHHH the Sabre He. B*stards they are.

You came to the right place.

The trouble with this particular model is, the secondary suction conical filter sensor goes faulty, which in turn sends false signals to the timer, sending on/off signals to the relay's n/o n/c contacts which consequently turns the boiler on and off at will.

You can get round it by simply bypassing the conical system flue reject valve.

AHHH the Sabre He. B*stards they are.

You came to the right place.

The trouble with this particular model is, the secondary suction conical filter sensor goes faulty, which in turn sends false signals to the timer, sending on/off signals to the relay's n/o n/c contacts which consequently turns the boiler on and off at will.

cant find any of the parts u talk about on the parts list or on the pics to show me where they are

sorry not got the book for it at the mo lost it just looking on line parts list

Ah, the old secondary suction conical filter sensor problem. How many of them have I replaced in my time.

A very appropriate GD response LMB, if I may say so.

im looking on sabre on line parts list there not on it as far as i can see can any one fix this for me this week as off work for the week

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back