Safe To turn Boiler Back On?

D

DaSpozz

Hi all

I had a leaking radiator valve this morning which required me to drain the central heating system and fit new valves...

1. Turn Boiler Off & Shut off stopcock in loft
2. Drain System.
3. Fit new valves.
4. Bleed rads....

Problem is I cant bleed 80% of the rads back into gear since I dont have a key yet...

Is it ok for me to turn the boiler back on?

Might sound like a silly question, but id hate for anything else to go wrong! lol

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you have not followed the forum instructions and so you have not bothered to tell us the make and model of your boiler.

In this situation all I can say is that most boilers are protected and you are unlikely to have a problem which the boiler is not protected against.

This is where so many DIY projects fail. The rads and valves can be successfully changed but the preparedness for completing the task comes unstuck.

Tony

It is a gloworm fuelsaver F.

Thanks for the replies. Still haven't turned it back on yet...

Sponsored Links
def dont fire the boiler till system full of water also ensure inhibitor is up to standard.

Inhibitor....

Vorex is it?
I think you mean Fernox! You put it in the radiator water to prevent damage to the rads and pipes. A one litre can should be OK, unless you have a very large house. Instructions are on the can.

You should clean the cr*p out of your F/E tank; you don't want it getting into the heating system and blocking the pipes.

If you can't get Fernox, Sentinel is just as good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back