safe zones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry another quick question i know safe zones are horizontal and vertical from appliances, but how does this work for example when you have sockets in cupboards for appliances. i for example am using a 4 gang grid switch so will be going horizontally with cable and then 90 deg to vertical to socket down below in cupboard so you cant see socket unless cupboard is open, is this ok?

Sponsored Links
Mmmm interesting one.
The horizontal run from the grid switch is fine as is the vertical rise from the socket, they are both in permitted zones.
The only doubtful part is the cable drop from the 90 degree bend to where it disappears into the cupboard, since there is nothing immediately visible to indicate the presence of the cable.
Until you open (and empty?) the cupboard.
I vote that it’s OK :D, but the sparks may have different views :cry:.

I would go down from the switch then horizontal to the socket as this would then be in an area unlikely to be drilled.. ( could say the same for behind tiles over a work surface, but people do put up things like cup hooks or utensil rails etc..
)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back