Safety Electrical Connection tower badge come off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - my wife found the attached badge on the floor yesterday, I think our new kittens had got down behind the fridge so suspect they may know something about it! To prevent frazzled kitten we've blocked off their route now but a dumb question - the badge states "do not remove" - I assume it means do not remove the thing it was attached to, as opposed to the badge itself? I can't think lokking at the badge what or how it could have been attached to - my only guess is a wire that I think we have running behind the appliances which was put in when we had some work done a while back - not even sure if it was an earth wire or what, I'll have a look later but are these things normally attached to wires/cables? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's normally attached to a clamp round the cold water pipe close to the main stop cock. This connection is supposed to be labelled, so 'not removing' applies to both the label and the connection. It's a connection between your main earthing terminal (near the consumer unit) and this colder water pipe. (It could alternatively apply to a gas or oil pipe entering the house.)

Of course it may just be a spare, dropped one.

You are quite correct, its just a label telling you not to remove a clamp or the wire connected to it, which you would find adjacent to your water stop cock or gas meter.

It does concern me a little that the intervention of a kitten could cause this to fall off. I would suggest you locate the place it came from and just ensure the rest of the clamp/connection hasn't dropped to bits aswell.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back