Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Draft Bill

Sponsored Links
It was a journalists question, the lawyers ones would be more challenging, if it got that far, because of the recent finding that the top brass knew that some hacking had taken place. The Paper didnt seem to put up much of a defence suggesting they didnt want to be in court. It seems to be more about the claimants wanting a finding.

If they had turned up they might have had to give evidence under oath, at risk of perjury.

Very frightening prospect for professional crooks and liars.

If they had turned up they might have had to give evidence under oath, at risk of perjury.

Moron complained he didn’t have his say, presumably the paper didn’t think he would add anything

You cannot be forced as a witness to answer questions that incriminate yourself.

Sponsored Links
You cannot be forced as a witness to answer questions that incriminate yourself.
The behaviour of the tabloids over the last 20 or 30 years have been one long act of self incrimination.

Blup

"Did you murder that person?"

"I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate myself"
But sometimes better not to be asked than have to say " no comment"
It would be a strange question to ask a witness and not one that a judge would allow, even if the defence lawyer was asleep and forget to "raise a point of law". Of course if they were the accused, there is no problem with asserting that they did.

Sponsored Links
Back