Sainsbury’s to close.

On Boxing Day as a thank you to staff. About time too. Go back to the old days.
You mean like going back to the days when people weren't rewarded with taxpayer's money for 'swinging the lead'?

Sponsored Links
You mean like going back to the days when people weren't rewarded with taxpayer's money for 'swinging the lead'?
No. I mean go back to the days when people said they were going to do something and actually did it with no string of pathetic excuses. You probably never experienced anything like that either hence your behaviour on this forum.

Last edited:
You do talk utter ****e.

What bit of that is ****e? Was only talking to an business acquaintance the other day about how entry wages into most jobs have hardly risen in 20 years, while house prices have doubled.

eg. I started at this company in 1998 on £20k (and left over a decade ago). Guess how much they are paying trainees today? Just under £20k!

When I got that job, within 9 months I bought my first flat in Walthamstow for £56k. A flat in the same block recently sold for £200k - almost 4 times more.
EDIT- OMG, this one is even more, and is right next to, or below, my old flat

Now kids will have to save for 10 years just to get enough for a deposit, then will need a partner with a good job, help from bank of mum and dad, and probably still struggle to get a home of their own.

And retail is a lot worse than city banking, and many young people are literally trapped in poorly paid jobs in the retail sector. Once you're in, it is hard to get out. So let them have a few days off a year!

On that basis, the housing market should be stagnant with no first time buyers coming into the market but it isn’t so people are affording to get on the housing market.

Sponsored Links
yeah, they are getting on, but getting a steady job with an OK salary used to mean you could buy a small house, now it is much harder. People are borrowing massive amounts to buy homes, need help to buy schemes, which effectively means bigger loans and more risk.

I’m not sure how it is now, but a few years ago a customer of ours told me that in France, stores are shut on a Sunday, and it’s all family time.

Many European countries view family life as more important than slaving away to try to build a society that emulates The US. I like The US, but their work/life balance is bad.

there really is no reason for shops to be open on a Sunday, we'd probably all be happier and healthier. Most are open late now, many 24 hours, so the argument that people who work Monday-Saturday still need to shop no longer holds, they can go after work.

All about the money though. People go out to get that impulsive joint of beef on a Sunday and spend £50 on stuff they didn't really need.

Sponsored Links
Back