Salus RT310RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have just moved into an oil powered property using the Salus device. The thermostat was absent on moving in so I ordered a new one.

The new thermostat is now paired and responds to the boiler no problem but is not transmitting anything to the radiators.

On opening up the reciever the link wire is connected between Com & L. Blue/Neutral is in N. Brown/Live is L and Black is connected to No.

Anyone have any ideas????

Sponsored Links
the link wire is connected between Com & L. Blue/Neutral is in N. Brown/Live is L and Black is connected to No.

That is as I would expect at the Salus Receiver, in that there are wires in the right places, but it will of course depend on them being in the right places at the other end.

The new thermostat is now paired and responds to the boiler...but is not transmitting anything to the radiators
I don't understand that description. The thermostat is paired with the receiver and switches it 'on' and 'off' according to the room temperature. The receiver in return is wired to whatever it is controlling which may be a motorised valve or the boiler, depending upon the type of heating system you have. The thermostat does not respond to the boiler or transmit anything to the radiators. It communicates solely with the receiver.

What happens when you select the receiver to 'manual'? If it works then the wiring is correct. If it doesn't then there is a fault somewhere.

If it works when in manual, but not in auto, have you checked the pairing of the thermostat and receiver?

Capture.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Hi stem,

Thanks for the quick reply. When i said the thermostat was paired, i meant the reciever is connecting to the boiler as it should in the fact that when you increase the temp on the thermostat, the green light goes on on the reciever and the boiler kicks in. It just doesnt send it to the radiators.

Both setting it to manual and auto kicks the boiler into action but again nothing to the radiators.

Mark

It would appears from what you say that the thermostat and receiver are doing their bit. Electrically speaking, the Salus receiver is just an on & off switch. That's all it does, and from what you say it seems to be switching on and off OK.

Sponsored Links
As i have hot water (its a combi) its probably worth it getting someone to have a look then.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back