Salus RT520TX Not triggering boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I’ve replaced a broken thermostat with a Salus RT520TX, wired as directed and connected to the wireless unit. It’s programmed etc, but it doesn’t switch on or off the boiler, even though the green light goes on when it should, I can’t work out what the problem is, please help???

Sponsored Links
Thanks, good point, I’ve attached a picture to show that both lights come on and one of the wiring.

Attachments

• D1B8533B-FF57-4AF2-9BCF-77819849A7AB.jpeg
    D1B8533B-FF57-4AF2-9BCF-77819849A7AB.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 7F4B856D-1FA3-4CAD-A619-8C72372DA49F.jpeg
    7F4B856D-1FA3-4CAD-A619-8C72372DA49F.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 122
You’ve only supplied power to the receiver, so it can’t switch the heating in/off. You need wires in com and no. Do you have a before photo?

Sponsored Links
Ok, so you have replaced a battery operated hard wired 2 wire thermostat, for a wireless thermostat, which requires a permanent live and permanent neutral.

Is the new receiver in place of the Honeywell?

Last edited:
No, the salus is in replacement of the old battery one.
There is an additional grey wire in the hole, that wasn’t connected before, so I need to use that for anything?

No, the salus is in replacement of the old battery one.
There is an additional grey wire in the hole, that wasn’t connected before, so I need to use that for anything?
Sorry, just edited above message, I meant Honeywell. The unused grey wire needs to be confirmed it’s a neutral, if it is, you can use it and we can get it to work, either that or swap for another 2 battery, or wire the Salus elsewhere.

Yes that’s right, replaced the Honeywell.

if the grey is neutral, how can it be used, and how can I confirm it, or will it be easier to get a different thermostat altogether?

the reason I wanted this type of thermostat was because we have AC in the same room, so the heating kept coming on, but it might be easier just to switch the heating off in the summer.

Trace the wire to find out if connected to a neutral, if it’s not, sometimes it can be easily added, and then the live and neutral can feed the Salus receiver, and the black would be the normally open terminal with a link between live and common. It might be easier to get another thermostat altogether? Can the room stat not just be lowered to below temperature or turn the heating off until required?

I think you could be right, I’m not very good at this, buying another might be the best option.
Any recommendations?

that is completely wrong, the two wires you have are live and switched live, they go to com and NO on the salus, then you need to supply a Live and neutral to the receiver, this supply must come from the same spur as the other controls and boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back