samsung tv with freeview, how do I get sky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a new samsung TV (seires 550) with built in freeview in my extension.
It is wired with a cable straight from a duel mode amplifier at the rear of the sky box (other end of house) as all the other TVs are.
When I first turned the TV on it went to plug and play mode and stored all the freeview channels, all the pictures are spot on.
The problem I have is how do I switch from freeview to SKY !!
The bedroom TV, I put on channel 8 then press the sky button ion the remote, the other new kitchen TV allows me to switch it over with a source button on the remote.
There is nothing in the instructions and I have tried most things.
Can anyone help, I dont really want to run any more cables.

Sponsored Links
what sort off lead do you have from sky to the tv!!

if its only the coax ariel cable then you need to retune with sky turned on thats assuming you have the same set up to the other tellies getting there signal from the sky rf output

You probably have to press the TV button repeatedly to toggle between Freeview and the old analogue style tuner in the TV. Once you have the analogue on then you need to tune the set to the Sky box signal.

The easiest way to do this is to find out what channel number the Sky box is broadcasting (Services > 4 0 1 > enter, then go to RF Output to see the ch number) and then tune the analogue TV tuner to that specific RF channel number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back