Sanding just the edge of a floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,
I'm about to sand a bedroom floor and use a rug rather than get a carpet laid (Victorian property).
There is currently a stain around the edge of the floorboards, presumably when years ago people used rugs and just stained the edges.
Is it ok to do this?
It would save a lot of work!
Or is it 'frowned upon'?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Only you will know.
A "proper" job would be the whole thing and all the mess would be one time only.

But if you intend to sty in the house for a while (on not mention it to the next buyer) save the work.

I don't see why not, after all the stain around the edges was done to save on unnecessary expense and work in the first place, so why not follow suit?

But if you intend to sty in the house for a while......
You may disapprove, but was that really necessary? :whistle:

Morning,
I'm about to sand a bedroom floor and use a rug rather than get a carpet laid (Victorian property).
There is currently a stain around the edge of the floorboards, presumably when years ago people used rugs and just stained the edges.
Is it ok to do this?
It would save a lot of work!
Or is it 'frowned upon'?
Cheers.
your property your choice.

Sponsored Links
Its a 3x3m-ish room so I'll probably sand the whole thing.
TBH, whilst sanding the edges is perfectly logical and viable, it would feel like half a job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back