saniflo macerators & using 32mm flexible pipe beneath gr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All - you advice is welcomed.
I wish to install a WC in an en suite BUT the room is located at opposite end of house from soil stack and lands to this gable are not in my ownership. Added difficulty is that 5 inch joists run front to back and if i were to pipe saniflo macerator internally i would have to drill out all the joists which even if using 22mm pipework i guess would affect their integrity.

Therefore proposal would be to discharge externally and trench around property and into sewer. Approximate run is 3m fall and then 30 metres vertically all laid to correct fall. My question is does this sound feasible and if so do i have to use rigid 32mm pipe beneath ground or can i use mdpe pipe.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Macerators are not ideal & get blocked; there are also regulations about where/how you can drill/notch structural joists.

If you’re going to trench around the property for a macerator, you might as well fit a new stack & lay a proper foul drain system, assuming you can get one in. I can’t imaging how what you’re proposing over such a long run will comply with Building Regs let alone provide the necessary access to clear blockages. Fitting a new W/C is also controlled building work, subject to Building Notice & inspection (fee involved); depending on your current en-suite construction you may also have to do other work to bring it in line with BR’s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back