Saniflo running on noise with video

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

It's a 3 year old Sanislim, with 99% light (no1) use. It still works ok but it making the running on/over running noise.

To me, the noise sounds more rotational possibly without pump noise, so my best guess is it might be the blades spinning after the water has been pumped away. Does this sound feasible?

I replaced an existing older saniflo unit when I did up my en suite shower room so it was me that installed it. I can of course then uninstall it all (it drains the shower/sink too) but if I go for ripping it all apart I'd like to be sure I know what's wrong and how I can be 100% sure it'll be fixed ok. Maybe by pre ordering parts. I think it's either this or buy a new one but I see I'm looking at about £430.

Any help welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the flow switch is stuck on, it’s usually the rubber diaphragm that gets stiff with accumulated “stuff” and you can clean or replace.

Switch power off and leave soaking in descaler for 24hrs. May need to repeat a few times or have it cleaned internally.

Switch power off and leave soaking in descaler for 24hrs. May need to repeat a few times or have it cleaned internally.
Thanks (also above reply)
What product would be best to use?

I have to say the machine shouldn’t really be gunged up with its light use, but regular use of flush. Our water (Edinburgh) doesn’t generally cause scaling up.

Why does the running on noise sound as it does? Am I right it’s not the pump noise, but blades rotating?

So it does seem very likely the issue is the membrane not letting the micro switch work well?

Unit does seem to still work ok and it doesn’t always make the running on noise.

Sponsored Links
The sound changes once the water has been pumped out and the motor/ pump combo keeps running and the blade is fixed to the motor shaft therefore must rotate as one.

Because you have just told us it dosent happen every time then it may not be scale, I have found chewing gum and other things under a membrane stopping the switch from releasing.

Because you have just told us it dosent happen every time then it may not be scale, I have found chewing gum and other things under a membrane stopping the switch from releasing.
Ok thanks. Only me been using the loo and 100% nothing flushed that shouldve caused an issue.

But the micro switch and membrane I assume are the only parts that could cause this? Should I get a new micro switch and membrane if end up dis-assembling..?

Any recommendations on de-scaler to try?

But the micro switch and membrane I assume are the only parts that could cause this? Should I get a new micro switch and membrane if end up dis-assembling..?
Most unlikely to be a faulty switch and not certain if the membrane is the oval shape on yours.

Most unlikely to be a faulty switch and not certain if the membrane is the oval shape on yours.
Thx. Looks like it’s oval. £28!

Attachments

• A6BA27FC-3F85-4F71-BDE6-97833FE6151D.png
    A6BA27FC-3F85-4F71-BDE6-97833FE6151D.png
    419.1 KB · Views: 49

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back