Satire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Satire: the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices

I'm just wondering whether saying about an MP, “I wouldn’t even rape you”, is considered 'satire'...

Because the UKIP leader believes so!

Sponsored Links
YouTuber: I wouldn't even rape you
Everyone else: Look at this rape threat.

He did it to get a rise. Clearly, it worked. Still isn't a rape threat.

I didn't say it was a 'rape threat'?

I asked if it should be considered to be 'satire'...

It appears that you, like the UKIP leader, are happy to glibly dismiss such a vile comment!

I didn't say it was a 'rape threat'?

I asked if it should be considered to be 'satire'...

It appears that you, like the UKIP leader, are happy to glibly dismiss such a vile comment!

He did it to get a rise. Clearly, it worked.

the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Well within the context of why he did it, I'd say it meets the dictionary definition of satire.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if Ellal would be mentioning this if it had been made about Theresa May not Jess Philips.........

I thought I saw a loaf of bread in my supermarket named after ellal the other day but when I looked more closely, it said 'Thick cut'.

You must have really rattled motman’s cage, ellal, if he logs on just to be abusive to you.

(groan) Oh Lordy, another Notch/Jason waffle filled post, well on its way to being locked.

It's not satire, because it's not humorous, at least I can't see how it is. It is a hell of a put-down though... and we have freedom of speech in this country so the guy was free to come over as an utter knob.

I wish people just ignored knobs like this, don't give them any oxygen. Without an audience talking about him, he'd soon go back to obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back