Saturated... Kiln dried timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey - quick question... But have a been done over here?

Just had a load of "kiln dried, treated, regularised timber" delivered... But 2/3rds of it looks like it's been sitting outside, in a puddle! They are saturated.

Cheers whitling2k

Sponsored Links
That's quite normal, not so much with regularised timber though...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Ok - shame though really - some of it's saturated. They didn't believe me when I explained that. They could have offered to replace it with some drier stock - i'm only up the road!

Hopefully it will dry out a bit before the weekend.

This is the 2nd time Malton Jewsons have c()cked up delivery out of three orders! Last one they delivered to my neighbour! Didn't even get an apology!!

Time to try their competitors me thinks :)

Cheers

Whitling2k

Jewson's are iffy. I bet they charged you an arm and two legs as well.

Wasnt too costly luckily - another reason to move on and forget - save my time and effort for when it matters.

Been having so many problems with large 'but local' companies recently - Wickes, Next, Jewsons, Scottish Power, Halifax to name a few. All totally useless with customer service and don't seem capable of doing their basic job!

Amazon - despite their questionable business ethics, do at least provide A* customer service.

Whitling2k

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back