Saunier Duval SD30e - problem with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i just moved into a house a few weeks ago and the boiler was working fine. I am now failing to get hot water. I have stripped out the domestic hot water microswitch and tested it, it works fine. However it seems to be the piston that drives the switch that is failing to protrude when the hot water is switched on. I can activate the hot water by manually activating the switch, so switch is def ok.
Is this part of the pump assembly? Is there any known way to repair / test further?

Any help appreciated
Davie

Furthermore i have just discovered that when i run the hot tap downstairs the piston doesnt move. When i run the bath taps upstairs it moves about 8mm - Does this suggest a pressure issue within the switch assembly? Also i have ran the hot water and used pliers to start the piston off and it cycles if you fluctuate the the tap - The issue seems to be unseating the piston

Sponsored Links
Replace the diaphragm behind the brass cover. If there's any sign of leakage around the pin replace the brass cover assembly too.

Hello Gasguru,

thanks for the feedback.

Is the diaphragm just a standard part or will it be bespoke to the Saunier Duval make?

Do i need to drain the boiler to remove the brass cover and replace the diaphragm?

cheers
Davie

Sponsored Links
Bespoke Saunier Duvall part (or Glowworm 80E)

Isolate cold water inlet only..10 minute job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back