Saunier duval thermaclassic f30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have got a saunier duval thermaclassic combination boiler and having returned from work found out i have no hot water or heating on inspection the one half of the front panel that display's the pressure and temp is blank and no green or red light is flashing. If switched off and back on you can hear a clicking noise coming from the right hand side but this stops. Could anyone be of help on this problem. The system was working fine when i went out at six this morning. Thanks Neil :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just some of it the pressure and temp side.

very odd, sounds like a faulty display, never seen that fault. On the Glowworms (use similar parts) the pressure switch can take out the display but the whole display not just some. Sorry can't be more help.

Do you think it could be anything to do with the three way valve head as this is whats clicking and when i moved it the display flashed up or could this be a coincidence .

no i wouldnt think so. The diverter valve only recieves a signal(voltage depending on position required) it sends nothing back so shouldn't affect the pcb or display, unless it was leaking and got water into the motor, but that would normally blow the pcb or its fuse.

do they jam mick ?

just summat playing in me head :eek:

can do, its a gw ci in disguise(different display), hence my mention of the pressure sensor, but im not sure how a similar fault what happens on the gw's would affect the SD. Its a standard elbi DV head with the brass headed cartridge.

Cheers thinking about it the pressure switch played up on sunday only showing 0.4 bar when system was full. I removed it and cleaned it out and pressure came back up.

was just wondering if pulse could take the display out

like i said was just something i thought about

you've prob forgot more than i ever want to know about these things

i'm just an old man now (laying in the sun) :LOL:

was just wondering if pulse could take the display out

like i said was just something i thought about

you've prob forgot more than i ever want to know about these things

i'm just an old man now (laying in the sun) :LOL:

the dv head works with 240v power. if it gets water in it or shorts it usually melts the cable and destroys the main pcb in a most dramatic fashion :D

Cheers thinking about it the pressure switch played up on sunday only showing 0.4 bar when system was full. I removed it and cleaned it out and pressure came back up.

just unplug it and see if the display comes back

Cheers mickyg unpluged sensor and panel came back on. Removed sensor and it must have been shorting out due to water ingress (must be a dodgy seal) Dryed out with hairdryer and replaced working fine now. Ordered a new one for collection on monday. Mrs and kids are now happy. :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back