Saunier SD623 No HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read couple of forums and changed diaphragm as recommended (full of holes) Thanks people. Feel confident fitted correct??? However actuating switch still not pushing microswitches 2,3.when hot tap turned on. Can turn on HW by pressing microswitches manually. Heating ok Pressure ok. Any ideas..

Sponsored Links
Replacing that part without any leaks on reasembly is quite a task and hardly worth it on such an old and problematic boiler.

When replacing the diaphragm did you check that the spindle was moving freely ( and dry and grease it ) ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
water valve to this boiler has a built in differential valve
from memory it is plastic with a small spring attached and goes into inlet side of valve
if this is missing damaged or reassembled incorrectly then water valve will not activate microswitches

Push rod slightly moving but little force behind it. Will check spring and my fixing again. Selling house soon don't want expense of new boiler with new regs.
Cheers Peeps

A brand new boiler under the manufacturers guaranty is a distinct advantage when selling a house and I usually suggest the advantage is worth £3k to £5k whilst the cost is about £2k.

I hope you dont remove the light bulbs when you sell a property!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back