Save the Children Charity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been reading about the big boss of the Save the Children charity. Believed to be Jasmine Whitbread,, she's on a salary of £234.000 per year. There are another 19 fatcats on six figure salaries at the international arm of the Save the Children charity, and another 9 fatcats on six figure salaries at the charity's UK arm. That's a huge amount of money being paid out overall to the charity chiefs. I wonder how much actually gets to the children it's meant to save? Whadya think?

Sponsored Links
5 grand a week for running an extortion racket with no risk of being imprisoned. Nice work if you can get it.

I think charities will start to struggle in coming years as people begin to realise what really goes on. I stopped donating some while ago now.

most people would expect 85-95% off there contributions to go to the bottom line or in this case the children
but in actual fact it can be 3-10% in some extreme cases like charity cards

Sponsored Links
Exactly why I never give to so called charities. I don't trust any of them.

My wife donates money each month to Marie Curie cancer charity by direct debit. Lately, she been getting frequent phone calls from them asking if she will increase her donation. This is a great charity, and does a great job, but phoning up frequently asking for more money is off putting. It can have the opposite effect, it can put people off giving to the charity.My wife has told them that if they keep asking/pestering for more, she will cancel the monthly donation.

the trouble is its now a telesale
as in a private company given her details and paid on results hence the pressure

they don't care how much it costs they just recon if the spend 50p paying some third party as long as they get 60p back its good economics

chuggers get paid
door to door get paid telesales get paid

the only place you will get volunteers is in the charity shops at floor level and individuals fund raising not in the mass market advertising part

The last time I gave to charity was after the tsunami in the Indian ocean. I donated money to the DEC and expected them to send the money to Sri Lanka. About a year later I received a letter from them saying that they had surplus money left from the tsunami appeal and wanted my permission to send my donation to Africa instead. I did not agree to it and got my money back.

Why wasn't my money sent to where I intended it to go?
And, why was there a surplus?

The last time I gave to charity was after the tsunami in the Indian ocean. I donated money to the DEC and expected them to send the money to Sri Lanka. About a year later I received a letter from them saying that they had surplus money left from the tsunami appeal and wanted my permission to send my donation to Africa instead. I did not agree to it and got my money back.

Why wasn't my money sent to where I intended it to go?
And, why was there a surplus?

at least its good they asked you
unfortunately if they get far more money than they have people to deal with it in a good time scale then off course they will have monies un allocated

Wasnt it recently divulged that "Comic Relief" money funded Alcohol, Tobacco and the Arms Industries.

And, why is it that British foreign aid goes out within a couple of days of a disaster, yet the people affected by the floods in Somerset are still waiting for help seven weeks later?

Sponsored Links
Back