Saw this and thought of you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not been on here in ages but as the title says....

We've acquired a new unit recently, and this beauty happens to be in my workshop to be.

Its fed from an Ancient Memway board (3x 20A BS3036) which in turn is fed from a 100A BS88 switchfuse.

On the plus side, the ELFI isn't horrendous. :)

Sponsored Links
Where's the earth into the DB??
Is it not the blue one at the top left, in left-most terminal of the earth bar? Whoever did it seemed to have a job lot of blue cable :)

Kind Regards, John
Damn it - yet again I didn't type fast enough!

Sponsored Links
P.S. The two conductors coming out of the c25 have no continuity, they do look like they were originally a ring final circuit but someone has obviously put a stop to that along the way.

Also nice discrimination between the single pole C63 and the main switch / triple pole mcb :LOL:

It's messy, conductor identification on the earth and neutral looks like it is missing (though it may just be obscured in the pic), a mix of brands of breakers has been used and if one of the unused breakers was put back into service it would not have discimination.

So it's a rough job but is there anything actually seriously wrong with it? I don't see anything

How is the lighting powered?

Becomes more of an issue with C. Can't have a C32 on socket circuits in TN-S installations, as Ze could exceed the Zs you need for 0.4s.

Have seen and used type C breakers on sockets on TN-S loads, I don't see the issue.
Just don't use 0.8 for Ze, measure it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back