Scale build-up around isolating valves lock nuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - been checking the airing cupboard and found the isolating valves either side of my CH pump (28mm) have scale and rust build-up around the lock screws in the brass fitting - should I be worried about this? Best way to get rid of it?

Also, a gate valve (isolating the hot feed to a shower pump) has white limescale build up around one lock nut. Should I just clean this off and give it a quarter turn?

No leaks detected.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just leave if they aren't leaking. it's leaks from the past that've sealed back up. at all costs do not try to turn the isolations on the pumps valves, they will start leaking again.

no water leaks at the time, just leave it all alone

They tend to leak either when the system cools down, or when it heats up, but generally not both.

If there's a pump or motorised valve in the path of any water then it's worth shielding those from damaging drips, otherwise (as already suggested) just leave alone until the next drain down and replace the faulty valves then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back