Scale drawings?

cwm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have produced a scale drawing (1:50) of my proposed timber frame shed/workshop to apply for planning permission.(font/rear/side x2 and plan)

as this is a scale drawing do i need to include the actual measurements on the plan/elevations etc.........?

Sponsored Links
To check what's required + to what scale, ask your local planning dept. mate- it sometimes tells u on the back of the application form what scale etc is needed.

You usually need the following for planning:
- Location plan
- Existing + proposed plans, so they can see you shed in relation to any existing bldg's on site, fully dimensioned + with material descriptions.
- Existing + proposed elevations, again dully dimensioned + with descriprions of materials.

Planner then comes out to take a look at the site + it's context, trawls thru the various legislation + gives u descision.

Are you sure you actually need permission for it?

You may be able to do it under your permitted development rights. The only exceptions would be if it is exceptionally large, high, near a boundary or in a conservation area.

I'm sure you've already done so, but it may be worth swatting up on what your allowed to do.

Sponsored Links
peca27 said:
To check what's required + to what scale, ask your local planning dept. mate- it sometimes tells u on the back of the application form what scale etc is needed.

You usually need the following for planning:
- Location plan
- Existing + proposed plans, so they can see you shed in relation to any existing bldg's on site, fully dimensioned + with material descriptions.
- Existing + proposed elevations, again dully dimensioned + with descriprions of materials.

Planner then comes out to take a look at the site + it's context, trawls thru the various legislation + gives u descision.

done a scale of 1:50 for building plans as per instructions.

next to do is site plan at scale of 1:500 or 1:200 of existing and proposed,this being garden,house,boundry and any other out buildings,then adding new shed on proposed sheet?

and lastly a copy of OS map location plan?

these are all x multiply copies.

Colin_p said:
Are you sure you actually need permission for it?

You may be able to do it under your permitted development rights. The only exceptions would be if it is exceptionally large, high, near a boundary or in a conservation area.

I'm sure you've already done so, but it may be worth swatting up on what your allowed to do.

planning permission is required due to size 8m x 6m x3.8m high.
the only fly in the ointment is that it is within 20m of a highway(15m actually).
and
the frame work and roof are already up,but had probs with kids whos parents called the council regarding planning etc........long story.

so i guess its retrospetive? planning permission.

have had building regs up due to complaint and will have to do some alterations to frame centres but they are otherwise happy with building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back