Scantronic 9100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I had a Modern alarms Series 3000 box (Scantronic 9100) install around 15 years ago by a mate that worked for Modern Alarms (unfortunately no longer with us)and it has been very reliable with hard wired sensors on doors and windows. The alarm box became very rusty so I took the sounder out and put it in a new box now I have call Engineer & Tamper lights on which I can not clear even with an eng reset. Tamper is wired the same as before the problem !

I did have an engineer manual but as I have not needed it, it has now disappeared !!!!

I did download an install manual but the wiring diagram seems to miss out an additional board/connections on the top of the PCB with the wiring just numbered.

I know these boxes are old but I have a spare box & remote key pad so would like to keep it running, can anyone help with advice to reset or an original engineers manual?

I do have pics but will have to check how they are added on this site.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the control lid is on correctly.
From engineering mode put 97 enter into keypad and check what is displayed in display .

Screenshot_20181103-124446.png
Check your display with above.
You could put wire link between TR and OV on alarm pcb.This will link out tamper on bell box and prove if bell box is wired correctly .

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to handymanjo for a very fast reply. Pleased to say i have solved the problem, when I took the old bell box off it was a very dull day and in my notes I got a grey and white wire muddled up :( on the tamper circuit !! Everything now working apart from my brain:sleep:
If anyone has a copy of the engineers manual I would appreciate it .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What's wrong with Google, it's amazing what can be found with a little look

/

Hi,
Spent some time on Google and did get an installation type manual but it's not as comprehensive as the manual I had with the box (Which I can't find !!).

I will need to add a pir sensor to cover my conservatory possible a dual tech type to help stop false calls.

Thanks for you help to date.

Paddy

What is it that you are stuck with?

It's not a difficult panel to sort, even the circuit breakdown sheet that is right there in your face (in Google) or whatever you call them gives quite an insight to the connections that need to be made.

If you have a spare Zone/Circuit you are away, if not you have a problem.The control panel has 4 + e/e circuit, if an extension board or more has been fitted, there could be 8 or 12 circuits or even more but we won't go there.

I might not be 'on' for much longer this evening but I'm sure someone else will jump in, otherwise I will be back in the morning.

Europlex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back