Scantronic 9448+ Style - Battery question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DIY'ers,

I have lived at my current address 2 years. In that time I have realized that my burglar alarm will activate if the house loses power or the downstairs lights are switched off at the fuse box (looks to be on the same circuit).

I am assuming the battery in the control box may be a good place to start by getting it swapped out. I purchased one a while back after about a minutes research and now would like to install it. Looking at it, the battery is almost as wide and deep as the wall box itself so it may be a snug fit assuming it is the correct battery.

Is this an easy and safe thing to do?

The steps I think I need to do are as follows:

...Open the wall box with a screwdriver,
...expect the alarm to go off,
...enter user code,
...swap battery,
...close wall box and tighten screw,
...enter user code again

Are there any complications that may arise from doing this? I do not actually use my burglar alarm, I just don't want it going off when having maintenance done on the house in the near future such as smart meter installation, wall box for EV etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ed

Attachments

• 20200612_140133.jpg
    20200612_140133.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 253
  • 20200612_140113.jpg
    20200612_140113.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 20200612_141334.jpg
    20200612_141334.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 238
Sponsored Links
That's the correct battery for that panel
Your instructions are correct
If you have a tamper fault once you have reset alarm then panel lid not closed correctly.
Do not over tighten the lid screw.

Hi Handymanjo,

Mission completed successfully! The new battery finished charging so I thought why not give it a shot...

Old battery had a date of June 2013 on it.

I can now turn off the downstairs lights without holy hell letting loose.

Cheers!

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back