Scantronic 9448

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone...

I've spent a good chunk of the day searching the forum but haven't come up with this one.

I've just moved house and the property has an existing and very dated scantronic 9448 panel (I don't think its the plus variant) which hopefully I'll swap out for perhaps a G4 or similar.

But in the meantime hope to continue using this....however I can't make it set. In 'day' mode no zone lights lit only power and day....all seems ok. When setting the panic LED is lit whilst it goes through its chiming/setting timer the system doesn't set and begins to alarm. I've found numerous links to instructions etc but non specifically say if the panic light should be lit or not through setting. They only mention that a zone or panic light would be lit after activation. The panic button seems visually to be ok not that I have a reset key if it were active. But just wondered if anyone could remember if the panic light should illuminate through setting and if I therefore need to be looking elsewhere for an issue.

As an aside, not sure if it assists but I tried to put the panel into walk test as per the manual , '5' then enter then setting code. Nothing happens other than going into what appears to be the normal setting sequence.

Many thanks in advance...

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi Dave
If you have the red light lit on the panic on the control panel that would tell me that the panic button is pressed in or a problem with the cable to the panic button ?
If you have not got the reset key you can reset the button with a small screwdriver
Post photo of panic button
If the pa is pressed in and you reset it you should then be able to set the alarm us less you have another fault

The walk test DOES look and sound like the normal setting mode - it's just even more annoying as it doesn't stop! :LOL::LOL: You might want to get someone else to watch the LEDs whilst you trigger the detectors.

Re PAB, if it has a little "window", make sure that it isn't red. If it's square with a big round red button, try tapping it to make sur that the button has popped back out - they get sticky sometimes.

thanks for the replies folks. Will investigate the panic button. The instructions weren't clear and didn't necessarily want to risk fiddling with the button and triggering a tamper and have to run for the keypad lol....thanks will have a fiddle and come back

Sponsored Links
Fault, indeed found at panic button. Alarm now sets, the setting tone also now changes to solid tone when exit door closed...didn't know it was meant to do that lol !

thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back