scantronic 9651 - How to find each Zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having problems with one of the sensors (which keeps giving false alarms) but when the alarm goes off the control panel tells me the Zone number and not the room name. The installer setup the alarm system and named each zone (e.g Bedroom, hallway etc.), but he forgot to write down which zone (1-8) each room relates to.

I have tried doing a walk test, but it gives the room name on the display rather than zone number. Any idea how I can find which zone = which room?

Also, if a sensor keeps giving false readings, any advice on how to fix/work out the cause of the prob

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
it really depends on how the engineer configered the system;

normally they go something like this

zone 1; front door (and sometimes rear door) entry exit route dorr
contact (s)
zone 2; hallway PIR / kitchen PIR entry route
zone 3; lounge PIR
zone 4; dining room PIR
zone 5; upper floor PIR
zone 6; PA button(s)
zone 7; spare
zone 8; spare

thats the basic set up some engineers use.

if you open the control panel (DISCONNECT MAINS BEFORE OPENING)
you can check to see what cable is connected to what zone number, it should have either a loop of tape with the device name on it , or be written on the cable.

i gather you do not have the original instruction manual for the system, it should have been written in there.

and when you find the device id then just change the device,

if its a PIR, do the following;

remove the 12volt supply from the panel
remove said PIR
install new one
remember to note what cable does what
IE which is the alarm circuit, tamper circuit.
refit and then re connect the 12v

NOTE
upon opening the panel, the alarm will sound and you will have a tamper indication on the panel
enter you user code and proceed as above

if you get any other problems just post here and one of us will be able to help you

but do remember to disconnect the mains before you attemp any works

while you are in the panel, if the battery is over 4 years old, CHANGE IT for a new one!!!

john

Be careful with the control lid tamper as the default setting has the lid tamper requiring an engineer code to reset it. So if you don't have the eng code and the setting has been left at default then you will have problems. (unfortunately there is no way of checking other than taking the lid off) Did the installer not supply you with an as installed specification ? if the company is NACOSS or SSAIB this is part of their requirements together with your certificate of conformity.

Thanks all.

In that case, seems the easiest way would be to set the alarm, and then let it go off by moving near each sensor (one at a time).....

Sponsored Links
In that case, seems the easiest way would be to set the alarm, and then let it go off by moving near each sensor (one at a time).....

Thats all an engineer could do if there were no cables marked up etc..... so you are doing the right thing

Here's the simple way :D

Type in your user code and press 5.

This gets you into the event log.

Pressing 1 will go back in time, 3 will advance forwards in time.

Find the false alarm in the log (should say something like "Burg Z03 Alarm") and press the tick key. This will show you the descriptor of the zone that's causing the problems.

Don't go into the panel if you want to be able to use your alarm after!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back