Scantronic 9651 low battery

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi all, I've had a low battery alarm on one these panel, twice during the night, both times reset with fob. No alert light showing and hasn't beeped in since I last fobbed it, 4 hours ago. Do I need to change the battery? TIA

THAT question has been asked SO MANY TIMESC WHY do we still answer it?

Hello! Just found this thread and it has been great thanks! When I type in our code it says 'Unit Battery Low' and has recently occasionally added 'Battery Missing'. The manual we have says we should have the spanner light on and it should say 'Call Installer' or if it says date/time - use as normal. Our issue is it shows date and time as normal... but then between 2 and 10 minutes later it beeps. There has been a solid orange light on since we moved in a year ago with no sounds. It's connected to the whole block of flats front alarm so we've not wanted to touch it in case it set it off (which it has a few times tonight when I've disconnected it). I'm hoping I can just change the battery and it'll fix itself... but as it's 10pm and everywhere is closed - does anyone know how to silence it till I can get a battery tomorrow morning? It's just the control panel beeping and it wails when I unscrew it, it wails when I disconnect the mains power, it wails when I open the control box. Anything to keep it quiet for a few hours before the shops open would be much appreciated!

Almost a week to the minute, after no issues, this beeping started again 3am this morning. Engineer installed it coming later to service and change battery. Thanks everyone here who told me (repeatedly:mrgreen:) this needed doing!

Oh meant to reply to this too sorry. We pulled the lid off, put the code in, switched the power off, pulled the battery out, switched the power back on and everything was quiet. Managed to pick up a new battery so will put that in today but it's been quiet since we pulled the battery out. No warnings on the keypad anymore either. Thanks for this thread - really helpful thank you!

Hi there.

Scantronic 9651 low battery. We purchased new one from screwfix and replaced it but 9930 keypad still saying missing battery.
Any idea what we have done wrong?
Thanks

What happens if you turn off the electric ? Is the keypad still lit on battery only ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back