Scantronic 9651 low battery

Will check now..if we turn the electric off will the alarm not go off? Will we be able to turn it off?

Sponsored Links
Hi got a house alarm 9651PD displayed and the battery was saying low. I’ve replaced it with one from Toolstation 3.2A but now cannot reset the alarm system. I tried the engineers code 7890 that was shown above but says code invalid. Is there any other ones I can try??

Sponsored Links
It’s probably set to engineer reset on panel tamper …..you could do a stage 1 reset that’s only resets the master and engineer code

Saying it cannot see the battery. The one that was originally installed was 3.4A and the one I’ve bought is 3.2A…..surely that would make a difference? Would it be that it needs to put charge into the battery before it sees it? How do I do a stage 1 reset and would this sort seeing the battery as well?

If it would then I would need to get another battery from Amazon to 3.4A but that won’t arrive till the end of the week.

Battery wouldn’t make any different in the capacity size …I take it you have never removed the panel lid before ? Remove mains supply from panel , if the keypad is still active battery is probably ok

yeh it’s the first time I’ve had to remove the panel lid. Ok will give that a try - I’m guessing it’s a plug onto the board?

Should be a fuse isolator at the side of the panel , if not there’s a small pull out fuse inside the panel

Hi so i removed the fuse and the panel stayed powered up and then alarmed saying Mains Fail which is correct. The other errors were Battery Low & Battery Missing. I think it all needs to reset after changing the battery.
Can you explain how I do a stage 1 reset on the system?

I had a similar problem when first replacing a battery in my Scantronic panel. As Sparkymarka illustrated on a previous page the reset pins have to be seen to. Also I found disconnecting the nearby molex plug and reconnecting it sorted the problem. In my particular case I think it was detecting something from the connected SD1 speech dialler which did not allow the new battery to register.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only an amateur. I will soon be on here for help regarding the speech dialler when the local phone lines go digital. I don't think the SD1 will work then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back