scantronic 9800 Alarm Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so, to cut a long story short, the buzzer has started sounding on the keypad (rkp) and it's flashing lb (low battery) on the screen. Power light is flashing, Day light, fault and service light on constant. I've typed in our code but nothing, still buzzing like mad, tried the engineer code (7890) but still nothing. How do I stop the buzzer on the keypad (it's doing my head in!) is my best bet to do a NVM reset or what?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
The flashing power light would suggest there is no mains power to the system, so the system has been running on the backup battery which is nearly flat,hence lb on the keypad, lb= low battery. If you know where the main control panel is (large white box) probably in a cupboard somewhere, you will probably see a spur unit next to it, check the fuse if it has blown replace it,also have a look at your consumer unit see if any of the breakers have tripped. been doing any work in the house lately?

Nvm reset ! What why do people think factory defaulting a panel will clear a fault ! Check your power and replace battery if it's not had one in the last 5 years

will look for spur unit when we get home. yeah, a light switch case cracked, turned off the down stairs lights circuit breaker to change it, (this circuit breaker also has the alarm on it) Just as I switched the breaker back on the fault occurred. We were just about to go out and haven't used our alarm at all this year so just left it. The alarm was put in long before us and I doubt it's ever had a battery change!

Does both the main control panel and the key pad have a battery and if I open up either unit will it set off the main alarm?

Thanks Guys

Sponsored Links
Just the large white box , replace battery as if will probably start flagging bf battery fault sooner or later ! Normally 3 in the morning ! Lol

Yes it should go off when you remove the cover. use your code to turn it off

I'm having a similar problem with the Scantronic 9800, we've inherited an old council building and during the recent floods we lost elcetricty to the building, on powering back up a week later the alarm sounder (outside) went off and we were unable to reset it with our access code (at the time we did not know the engineers code), so we've disconnected the system from the power, any advice please.

I'm guessing that the battery was flat (don't know when it was last changed), and we are guessing the engineers code is still as factory settings (I'll try when i get there tonight). BUT as the system would not take the access code could it have reset to factory settings with the battery being flat?

..........................................................................BUT as the system would not take the access code could it have reset to factory settings with the battery being flat?
NO.

OK, Thanks, so I'm looking for another reason why we could not get it to reset.

Sparky....spot on, I put power on and the alarm sounders started, put in 1234 and the outside bell and indoor sounder stopped, only problem was the internal sounder in the alarm electronics box continued and i couldn't get it to stop. I had to leave as the building had some night classes so i'll go back tomorrow to try and see the message codes

It may now need fully re-programming if it has fully defaulted, the internal sounder may run off an output that may be in its defaulted state o/p 1 or 2 , try removing wire from this output if connected , just above keypad connections

Sparky,

I tried to do an Engineers reset on the system using 1234 access code then '0' 7890 to get into programming mode, but i couldn't get the programme commands to do anything.

On putting in the access code the day LED was on solid, The fault LED was on solid and the service LED was on solid, the display codes were LT BF & rr (I did have the battery disconnected and the end station lid off the box) and could not clear thr rr.

Then when I put in the Engineers code (I'm assuming is 7890 as the access code had reset to 1234) the service LED started to flash, I couldn't get any programme commands into the system but on exiting the mode with keying 99 the Service LED went solid.

I think i need to do a full system reset, but when i looked at the pdf manual i'd downloaded and identified the pins on the control board to link out, the control board in my system did not look exactly like the Manual and i could not see the pins where the manual showed them. The control board is a 10237 issue 10 and the expander board is a 10159 issue 9.

any suggestions please

thanks

PJ

If you go into engineers mode with the lid off, you may have to push in the tamper switch and release to get into engineer mode , if lid on open the lid on the panel !

Sounds like you've got a 9800 and not a 9800+ so make sure you've got the right book. The old one needs the NVM chip removing to do the reset (a horrible, scarey thing to do!!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back