Scantronic 9800. C5 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a Scantronic 9800 alarm system that is old but works fine until now and then when setting the alarm and going up the stairs to bed the siren goes off outside and the key panel shows C5. The panel is in the hall and the pir in the hall is all that can see me after putting in the setting code and heading upstairs. Now and then had exit fault come up and alarm has failed to set, again the pir in the hall is all that can see me when setting. Any ideas like try a new pir maybe or is this alarm so old it needs binning?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Set alarm and the pir in the living room and the one in the dining room make c5 on display panel when it triggers? Other rooms trigger different like c1 or c2 etc. Why would both pir be c5 are they wired together then?
Cheers Paul

Do these detectors back to back each other ? Or wired on same cable ?
Check both sensors for spiders inside each sensor

Sponsored Links
Hi
Found the pir in the living room flashing on and off by itself intermittently so has a fault.
I set the alarm one night and it false alarmed straight away then i spotted this sensor flashing!
Do I put alarm in engineer mode to replace the sensor as it has tamper on it?
Any recommended sensors to use as a replacement?

Thanks Paul.

Optex saver pir
Put into engineering
Take photo of existing wiring of pir
Tamper pair in tamper terminals
Alarm pair in alarm terminals
Aux power + & -
Do not short aux power connections
Take out of engineering press 99 enter
Test pir

Found pir optex saver £13.30 delivered from security warehouse.
Does that sound good?

thanks Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back